Help us build the future of urban mobility. See open positions below.
Gait Control Engineer
- You will develop the gait control algorithm by applying sensor fusion and bipedal locomotion control on embedded systems.
- You will be responsible for rapid prototyping novel algorithms in simulation and evaluating them on the actual prototype.
- You will will develop control strategies for various poses and gait, implement and evaluate the control system onto the real-world machine.
- You will solve complex problem through simple and efficient model that runs on low-cost embedded systems with limited computational resource.
- You will develop production-quality code with the firmware team and own your algorithms from design to production.
- Forward and Inverse Kinematics and Dynamics.
- Sensor fusion and state estimation.
- Proficient with Matlab, Python or other prototyping language.
- Demonstrated excellence in real-time control and processing using C and C++.
- Experience developing, debugging, and optimizing real-time controls on highly dynamic machines.
- Strong intuition for physical movement in machines, and insight into the physics of motion.
- Code control and revision tracking.
- Familiar with RTOS and Cortex based embedded solutions is a plus.
- You will be responsible for the electrical design from end-to-end for the innovative robotic shoes: from concept through architecture and design, simulation and analysis, R&D, test and manufacture to production.
- You will work with firmware team to participate architecture and code review.
- You will interact with mechanical engineering team to design a tightly integrated electro-mechanical system.
- You will be responsible for writing firmware scripts and example codes to validate hardware solution.
- You will learn from leading industry experts with decades of experience and dozens of completed projects from prototype to production.
- Solid experience in PCB design and optimizing component placements and routing for motor control and minimal EMC.
- System integration experience of embedded systems with electronics, firmware, and software.
- Experienced in the use of MCU and IC devices and their peripheral circuitry including signal conditioning, voltage level translators, etc.
- Solid experience in board bring-ups including reworking and soldering.
- Comfortable designing and testing board-level power supplies.
- Familiar with Field Oriented Control, 100w - 1kW+ power switching circuits, high power semiconductor devices, gate drivers, and protection circuitry.
- Familiar with analog and power circuitry
- Proficient with standard EE tools (scopes, digital analyzers etc.)
- Proficient in Altium Design
- Experience in JTAG/SWO.
- Basic level of low-level programming (register access and configuration) for hardware V&V
Community Engagement Manager
- Create content strategies across all social platforms to engage/grow our audiences.
- Manage social posting calendars, source or create content for all channels and identify/manage potential collaborators.
- Develop, plan and execute processes for populating and measuring all company social media channels.
- Manage social listening and monitoring and make informed recommendations for engagement, growth and traffic.
- Constantly explore how Shift can leverage culture and trends
- Actively seek opportunities to engage influencers, content creators and partners to help populate and promote Shift.
- Handle all aspects of community management including interacting with our audience, responding to DMs, and liaising with the management team to resolve any issues.
- Build programs to keep our dedicated consumers/ambassadors engaged and treat them as an extension of our team
- Monitor feeds across social platforms and moderate comments
- Catalog user generated content across platforms and work with social team to amplify content
- Strategize how Tik Tok/Reel can amplify ongoing marketing efforts and campaigns
- Create short form content that crushes on Tik Tok/Reel. Live and breathe culture and trends. Meme everything. Moderate social channels closely. Engage with fans and brands with Shift energy.
- Plan and execute all event logistics including but not limited to venue research, contract negotiation, creation/ordering of marketing collateral, promotion, and booking travel accommodations
- Oversee events on the day of, including directing set-up, problem solving, welcoming guests, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and managing take-down
- Manage in-house marketing and event inventory and storage
- Represent the Shift brand on-site with professionalism, in a way that inspired positivity and good vibes
- Expert knowledge of existing and upcoming social media platforms including Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, Twitter and Youtube.
- At least 2 years proven experience managing, engaging with and growing online communities.
- Knowledge of tools and processes across platforms for community management and social listening.
- Excellent writing skills including crafting and editing copy and and hashtags for all social posts.
- Team player who isn’t afraid of hard work.
- Positive, upbeat and collaborative personality.
- Ability to multi-task and manage concurrent projects.
- Willing and able to travel domestically as event schedules require, as much as 40% of work schedule.