We are excited to introduce a major update to ShiftOS, our AI-powered operating system inside Moonwalkers.
ShiftOS 2.0 includes three major updates:
Update 1: TRAINING Mode is here
With ShiftOS 2.0, we're introducing TRAINING mode, which automatically reduces Moonwalkers’ performance by approximately 50% in acceleration, responsiveness, deceleration, and braking distances. This mode not only makes it easier to learn how to use Moonwalkers for the first time, it also:
- doubles the distance achievable per charge
- extends overall battery life
- reduces motor noise compared to SHIFT mode
Update 2: Gait and Terrain Improvements
Our control algorithm is now 70% more accurate to read a user’s walking information and gait pattern. This enables adaptive and seamless acceleration or deceleration based on their gait and behaviors, as well as terrain variations.
Update 3: Enhanced Responsiveness
We've made some big improvements to overall responsiveness including:
- Improved startup acceleration results in a smoother transition from stop to acceleration. The updated initial acceleration is increased by 50%, enabling a much more responsive and satisfying experience.
- Minimize abrupt jerks caused by unintended acceleration, while reducing the time from 0 to top speed by 30%.
Quicker deceleration with 14% shorter braking distances, in contrast with the previous version, especially on dry surfaces. Notably, we've prioritized minimizing discomfort and sudden jerks at the end of stops, ensuring a smoother and more comfortable user experience.
To view the full release notes including detailed instructions of how to update your software and use the new features, please click here.